Minimize button in emplode while syncing

Posted by: hybrid8

Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 29/11/2001 22:44

I'm using 1.03, so I don't know if this has been addressed in 2.0 nor if it' ever been mentioned before...

There is no minimize button on the popup window when you're in a sync process. That means your desktop is obscured by the emplode window unless you've previously made it much smaller. In any case, it's impossible to send it to the task bar.

This can be a real PITA for length syncs where one still wants to use their computer for a while.

Bruno
Posted by: Roger

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 30/11/2001 04:26

No, it's not in v2.0.

Try pressing Windows-M...
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 30/11/2001 08:39

Good call, that has always bugged me. I am using 2.00beta3 and windowns-M doesn't work... (unless i am doing it wrong)
Posted by: Roger

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 30/11/2001 08:50

If you're running Win98/ME/XP/NT/2K, pressing Win-M minimizes all windows, including full-screen ones, allowing you to see your desktop. It's got nothing to do with emplode.
Posted by: andy

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 30/11/2001 10:53

Even better, Win-D minimizes everything and shows you the desktop. This gets around the problem of when you have an app that is not updating it's window, if you use just Win-M you just get to see the "frozen" app rather than the desktop.

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 30/11/2001 19:48

Ah, nice. I didn't notice Win-D before. Only the little program that comes in the default toolbar for 2K/Me that does the same thing. Though I forgot to try it when emplode was syncing.

Win-M should not work when there is a featureless modal dialog on the screen (or really any popup that does not support minimize to begin with in my experience). I just tested it with another app to verify.

Programs like Audiograbber stick a small minimize button onto their dialogs for long operations that will minimize the entire app.

Bruno
Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 03/12/2001 07:49

So, Win-D is just like hitting the Desktop button in the tool bar...?

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 03/12/2001 09:07

Seems to do the same thing for me. :)

Bruno
Posted by: andy

Re: Minimize button in emplode while syncing - 03/12/2001 11:54

Yes