Seek Tool and VBR

Posted by: Liufeng

Seek Tool and VBR - 01/01/2002 21:12

The seek tool doesn't work on any of my VBR files. I used Audiocatalyst.. and vbrfix to make sure that there aren't problems with the files themselves. All I get is a blank screen and the hard drive icon when I select seek tool. It works with CBR files though.. any suggestions to track down this problem?

Tom
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 01/01/2002 21:35

Audiocatalyst uses the XING encoder but all other problems seem to have been remedied with the xing header fix. All my files are LAME VBR and they work fine.

Bruno
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 01/01/2002 23:14

.. any suggestions to track down this problem?

Wait until the next beta, after they've had a chance to fix the known bugs in the seek tool?
Posted by: Liufeng

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 01/01/2002 23:34

In reply to:

Wait until the next beta, after they've had a chance to fix the known bugs in the seek tool?

Ok that's cool. I really like the seek tool.. very awesome and unexpected. I hope gems like this continue to pop up out of the blue.

Tom
Posted by: rob

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 02/01/2002 05:53

It's more likely a bug in an old version of emplode, which calculated the track length incorrectly. Roger is rewriting the VBR scanner once and for all, and is looking into a way that it could retag tracks which are already on the player.

Rob
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 02/01/2002 08:39

Greetings!

Did I just read this correctly? There is hope for a tool to do the VBR header fix on player?!?!?!?! Let me know where to send the chocolate covered oreos!
Posted by: rob

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 02/01/2002 08:45

I said we were thinking about it - I didn't say we have a solution

Rob
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: Seek Tool and VBR - 02/01/2002 10:00

Greetings!

I know, I know. But it is still very promising...