Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11

Posted by: svferris

Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 09/02/2002 17:42

I've noticed that the volume ramp-up when you first start your car is no longer working properly.

It's gone from a "volume ramp-up" to more of a "volume spike". The volume seems to remain quiet for anywhere between a few seconds up to almost 10 seconds, then suddenly jumps to full volume. Very annoying because I think that maybe I turned my volume down, so I reach to turn the volume up, then a second later it jumps to ear-splitting volume.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 10/02/2002 13:50

Seconded. Mine also seems to get kind of a staticy quality right at the spike.
Posted by: ClownBurner

Re: Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 12/02/2002 13:41

Yep, happened on mine too, exactly the same thing. Doesn't seem to be a consistent delay, anywhere from 1-9 seconds and then it jumps to full volume.

Haven't noticed the staticy thing though.
Posted by: jwickis

Re: Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 12/02/2002 16:50

Same here, I noticed it takes longer to start ramping then it would sharply/quickly increase in volume. It depended on what kind of song was playing as to when it's noticed most, quieter passages weren't noticed as much as files that started out louder of course. I didn't notice it until today when playing a song that starts out with a rather continous sound.

Re: Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 12/02/2002 22:02

Yeah. The static thing could easily just be my amp. It's oldish. I meant to mention that, but the signals apparently didn't make it to my fingers.
Posted by: peter

Re: Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 22/08/2002 04:15

The volume seems to remain quiet for anywhere between a few seconds up to almost 10 seconds, then suddenly jumps to full volume.

FITNR.

Peter

Re: Volume ramp-up not working properly in 2.0b11 - 22/08/2002 09:51

Woo-hoo! This was about my number one most annoying bug.