Wendy is killing me.

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Wendy is killing me. - 23/02/2002 05:43

My config.ini file was wack, but after fixing it (and I confirmed twice that it was fine), the player is STILL not remembering to apply the Wendy Filter after a power cycle. Here is how it is working:

1. Say I suffle the root. The player will be playing on track 10 of 9266.
2. I apply the "Music Only" filter, and after a short pause, the player continues with the same song, but this time at track 10 of 8931. (This is normal).
3. While the track is 1/2 way through, I power down the player.
4. Upon booting, the player is now 1/2 through on track 10 of 9266! But track 10 is a different song!
5. Before my config.ini fix, it would usually start at 0:00 AND the wrong song (usually a track or two earlier in the playlist than it was supposed to be at).

Also, on AC power, the player is always defaulting to the last non-full screen info mode even if the "Track" mode was manually selected prior to powering down. I think someone else has brought this one up... so it is most likely a known bug.

I always power down the player before killing the ignition. (I even put it in its case before turning off the car... to let the turbo cool ).

Re: Wendy is killing me. - 04/03/2002 21:19

Someone else reported this problem too.... but it seems to have gotten better? I am running HiJack 224 now and it hasn't happened in awhile (compared to happening every single time.) Maybe coincidence? Just thought I'd pass it along and maybe save someone some time.
Posted by: mlord

Re: Wendy is killing me. - 04/03/2002 21:23

Have you tried the bugfix options in the newer versions of Hijack for fixing the INFO mode?

-ml

Re: Wendy is killing me. - 04/03/2002 22:06

They are enabled... but I havn't played with them too much. To be honest, my player may have been locking up without me knowing since my first b11 install.

I will play with it more. The HiJack is the only change I have made to my player and at least the Wendy stuff seems to be "better". The filters are still turning off on re-boot (I think this is a known bug) but it seems to be holding its position within a song (which it wasn't doing before - it always forgot what song it was playing.)

Re: Wendy is killing me. - 12/04/2002 09:08

I must have been absent on the day that we went over "Ignore as Child". I just found that this feature is more what I want instead of a Wendy Filter.... at the very least, it may be a temporary fix for some of you.