Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#245152 - 01/01/2005 15:50 Help with Soup Playlist
russell
journeyman

I've spent about 2 hours searching for information on JEmplode's soup playlist feature and got basicly noware. I want to have playlist like
Artists
+-[A-C]
| +-[Albums]
|
+-[D-F]
| +-[Albums]
etc
I haven't been able to find any documentation of any use. Does any exist?

#245153 - 09/05/2006 00:48 Re: Help with Soup Playlist [Re: russell]
Austin Newman
new poster

Well, this original message was posted over a year ago with no replies. I wanted to do the same thing and could only find very little documentation (thanks Cushman), so I decided to figure it out on my own. I used Cushman's post to get me started http://empegbbs.com/ubbthreads/showflat....true#Post183118

I spent about 3 hours trying to figure this out. I'm not 100% satisfied, but I'm sure with a little more tweaking, I will get it (It is 100% good on the Empeg, just not on the web interface.). Here is what I did (and hopefully, I will be able to upload my screen captures):

In JEmplode:
Edit-->Create Soup Playlist...
I named it [Alphabetical]

Add Range Layer
Artist
1-9,A-C,D-F,G-I,J-L,M-O,P-R,S-U,V-Z
Sort By Artist

Add Tag Layer
Artist
Sort By Artist

Add Tag Layer
Album
Sort By Album

And that's it. The reason I am not 100% satisfied, is for some reason, the ranges (1-9, A-C, D-F, etc.) aren't alphabatized (on the web interface). Maybe someone can enligthen me to why it is llike this?

Anyway, check out the screen captures......

Regards,

Austin

Attachments
281281-Screenshot-jEmplodev69-Austin\'sRioCar(192.168.1.80).png (395 downloads)

Edited by Austin Newman (09/05/2006 01:32)

#245154 - 09/05/2006 01:08 Re: Help with Soup Playlist [Re: Austin Newman]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Quote:
the ranges (1-9, A-C, D-F, etc.) aren't alphabatized (on the web interface). Maybe someone can enligthen me to why it is llike this?

They are usually shown in the order in which they were stored in the container playlist. To get them into a *specific* sequence (eg. alphabetical), one must create a new container playlist, and add them to it one at a time, in the desired sequence.

I used scripts (awk, controlling emptool) under Linux to do this for my own players. Worked great.

Cheers

#245155 - 09/05/2006 01:25 Re: Help with Soup Playlist [Re: Austin Newman]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Quote:
Well, this original message was posted over a year ago with no replies. I wanted to do the same thing and could only find very little documentation (thanks Cushman), so I decided to figure it out on my own. I used Cushman's post to get me started

Glad you found it.

Quote:

In JEmplode:
Edit-->Create Soup Playlist...
I named it [Alphabetical]

Add Range Layer
Artist
Sort By Artist

<snip>

Quote:
And that's it. The reason I am not 100% satisfied, is for some reason, the ranges (1-9, A-C, D-F, etc.) aren't alphabatized (on the web interface). Maybe someone can enligthen me to why it is llike this?

Yup, I should have put this in my post, but you have to sort by Title. It seems like jEmplode treats whatever the display text in the soup is as the "Title", so when you create the soup list, just always sort by Title.

#245156 - 09/05/2006 17:10 Re: Help with Soup Playlist [Re: Austin Newman]
music
addict

I hope this will help you somewhat. Here is a link to the process I have to use to get stuff right.

It basically involves starting in Emplode (to ignore m3u files),
moving to Jemplode (to get soups), then moving back to Emplode
(to clean up the mangled orderings from Jemplode).

#304982 - 11/12/2007 01:31 Re: Help with Soup Playlist [Re: music]
Austin Newman
new poster

Hey guys. I'm back - I know, it's been a while. First, let me prefix this with, "Maybe I just don't get it?" So, here goes....
So I've recently decided to mess with this again some more and I am a bit stumped.
Basically what I am aiming for is to have the same type of play list jEmplode "automagically" creates when jEmplode is used to add music to the player except I want the "Artist" ranges so I can choose the artist I am looking for a little easier.

Here is where I stand:

Add Range Layer
Artist
Sort By Title

Add Tag Layer
Artist
Sort by Title

Add Tag Layer
Album
Sort by Title

** Add Tracks Sort Layer **
** Sort by Track # **

This last bit is what is really frustrating me.
In the "Add Tracks Sort Layer"
1. If I sort by Title, the tracks are sorted in alphabetical order (as would be expected)
2. If I sort by Duration the tracks are sorted by the length of the song (as would be expected)
3. If I sort by Track # the tracks don't seem to be sorted by anything. (And this is what I really would like!)
Granted, I haven't looked at *all* the fields but....
(Referring to the above, I am using the "position" field to gauge whether the tracks have been sorted to my liking. Is this correct?)

All in all, am I missing something? Am I using the Tracks Sort Layer correctly?

Everybody has been a great help so far! If I get this working, I would be really, really psyched, but if not - no big deal.

As an amateur, amateur, amateur Java Programmer I was going to take a peek at the source to jEmplode (not that I would be able to figure anything out - but I thought it might be insightful) but the link for the jEmplode source on the jEmplode site is dead.

Peace.
Austin

#304992 - 11/12/2007 03:15 Re: Help with Soup Playlist [Re: Austin Newman]
music
addict

Originally Posted By: Austin Newman
I was going to take a peek at the source to jEmplode (not that I would be able to figure anything out - but I thought it might be insightful) but the link for the jEmplode source on the jEmplode site is dead.

Unfortunately, that source is now legally encumbered.
If you can find someone that has an old copy stored away, then you are OK.
But I believe that Mike is no longer allowed to make it available himself. \:\(

#305077 - 12/12/2007 07:23 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: music]
LittleBlueThing
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
 Originally Posted By: music

If you can find someone that has an old copy stored away, then you are OK.
But I believe that Mike is no longer allowed to make it available himself. \:\(

But if we find an old copy like this one then we are?

#305080 - 12/12/2007 09:18 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: LittleBlueThing]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Thanks for that, I've been looking for the source for a while. I did manage to get it to build after a bit of messing about, I'd forgotten how much of a pain just getting something like jemplode to build is \:\(

#305084 - 12/12/2007 12:13 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: andy]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: andy
Thanks for that, I've been looking for the source for a while. I did manage to get it to build after a bit of messing about, I'd forgotten how much of a pain just getting something like jemplode to build is \:\(

Okay, so how does one build a working Jemplode from those sources ?

Thanks

#305085 - 12/12/2007 12:46 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: mlord]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
I am using eclipse to build, no doubt you could use another ide/toolchain. I am also using WinXP.

- download and unzip the source somewhere
- download the dlls and jars from http://www.jempeg.org/
- install the dlls and jars (the same as you would if installing jemplode manually)
- download the 69.0000000000000000001 jemplode jar
- unzip the jar file
- copy the com/rio and com/tffenterprises folders from the jar into the source tree
- open eclipse create a new project and point it at the top of the source tree
- open the properties for the project, go to the compiler section
- check "enable project specific settings"
- change the compiler compliance level to 1.4
- select "Run-Run dialog"
- select "Java application"
- create a new configuration with org.jempeg.empeg.manager.Main as the main class
- hit "Apply" and "Run"

That should be it, unless I forgot any steps.

I'm no java expert, even though I spent 3 months earlier this year coding in it and building a project like this is always a bit of a fight with eclipse. It has a few very nice features, but I find lots of its UI somewhat opaque

I should also say that beyond opening the app and watching it fail to locate an empeg I haven't actually checked that it is working. I don't have a working empeg to hand today.

Edited by andy (12/12/2007 13:21)

#305094 - 12/12/2007 15:39 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: andy]
LittleBlueThing
addict

Hmmm...

http://jode.sourceforge.net/usage.html

CLASSPATH=./jode-1.1.2-pre1.jar java jode.decompiler.Main --dest ../j70 /everything/Downloads/Hardware/Empeg/jemplode70.jar

Could be useful.

I'm trying to see if there's anything meaningful in a v69.0001 v70 decompile diff....

#305096 - 12/12/2007 15:54 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: LittleBlueThing]
LittleBlueThing
addict

So it needs some work but it found this:

diff -r j6901/org/jempeg/nodestore/FileInfoDatabaseChange.java j70/org/jempeg/nodestore/FileInfoDatabaseChange.java
65,66c65,71
< _synchronizeClient.synchronizeTags(node, _protocolClient);
< node.setDirty(false);
---
> if (node instanceof FIDPlaylist)
> PlaylistMembersDatabaseChange.synchronizePlaylistTags
> (this, _synchronizeClient, _protocolClient);
> else {
> _synchronizeClient.synchronizeTags(node, _protocolClient);
> node.setDirty(false);
> }

#305106 - 12/12/2007 21:20 Re: Help with Soup Playlist - found old jemplode 69.00..01 source... [Re: andy]
mlord
carpal tunnel

If you're rebuilding it, then please kill the "karma network broadcast" and enable the "empeg network broadcast" code instead.

Then we can all stop having to hardcode IP addresses in Jemplode to get it to find our players.

Cheers