Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ Today at 04:49

Did I say three? It's actually four.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ Today at 04:16

Anyone know this one? Is it normal (aka a known behavior) for the player to output three copies of the current track info when you press Down Down Down on the front panel? That's what I'm getting when I shuffle the whole player: Three repeats of the
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Apple Gear (iPhone 6 / Watch) by K447 @ Today at 03:49

Originally Posted By: mlordThe really funny thing, is that the phones are SLOW even when on AC power. And it also affects some (all?) laptops as well, again on AC power, even with the old battery unplugged. Weird. The take-away I got from it is th
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ Today at 02:42

Awesome. Thanks! When you get back to trying this, I recommend trying to mess around with the Device Capabilities and the Bluetooth Class Of Device settings to see if that makes the head unit behave more nicely with the chip.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Apple Gear (iPhone 6 / Watch) by mlord @ Today at 01:46

The really funny thing, is that the phones are SLOW even when on AC power. And it also affects some (all?) laptops as well, again on AC power, even with the old battery unplugged. Weird. The take-away I got from it is that, if one has a an Apple p
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Apple Gear (iPhone 6 / Watch) by Faolan @ Yesterday at 21:43

Lol reddit, amused that link had someone called "Adolf-Intel" participating. What a wonderful place that community must still be. Have been meaning to dig into that situation a bit more when I saw it pop up at more trustworthy sites. My
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Apple Gear (iPhone 6 / Watch) by mlord @ Yesterday at 16:02

https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/7inu45/psa_iphone_slow_try_replacing_your_battery/
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New house, new wifi - so many choices by Phoenix42 @ Yesterday at 14:16

Thanks Matt, that makes sense. I've minimal networking knowledge, so I'll be sticking with the USG and the UniFi Controller GUI. I do wish it came with more ports, only the tiniest of environments can escape with out adding a switch. That is impress
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by mlord @ Yesterday at 13:50

Originally Posted By: tfabrisThe ones I notice getting warm are: - The StrongArm CPU - Philips SA7705H/203 - Crystal CS4231A-KQ That's normal, correct? Yup. Very normal for that generation of chips.
General
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Compact Flash Card -- Boo.... by Roger @ Yesterday at 12:03

Code:rw ; rwm
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ Yesterday at 04:54

I've made some more minor code updates this evening. The most important one that you need to know about is the one called KillAllLogging where there's a global flag variable in the code which controls whether or not any logging is made to the debug
For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: FS. Different empeg hardware by benjammin @ Yesterday at 02:38

I've been equally bad about checking in and the website hasn't been emailing response notifications. So now that's it's 5 months later -- is the list still valid? I've been pondering some extra spare parts lately. -Ben
General
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Compact Flash Card -- Boo.... by benjammin @ Yesterday at 02:13

Ugh -- Now I'm trying to re-install the web pages (weblite) and can't remember the right syntax for mounting the drive RW so I can copy the files over. (or is there an easier way to push the single default.xsl and it's little subdir to the system?)
General
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Compact Flash Card -- Boo.... by benjammin @ Yesterday at 02:12

Ha -- I ended up booting up the VBox VM of my old winXP Dev System to use Emplode to install the image. (my current windows 7 Pro/64 system is unstable with USB RS232 dongles. BSoD in 20-freakin-17. Sad. Bigly Sad. I'll figure out the RXTX thing a
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 11/12/2017 23:55

Sanity checking something: When running the empeg on the test bench from a 12v DC wall wart power supply (wired through the sled), everything works as expected. I notice that some of the chips on the empeg mother board get slightly warm after runni
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New house, new wifi - so many choices by Dignan @ 11/12/2017 20:11

Originally Posted By: JBjorgenI should add that I never updated the original thread, but the campus network that I put in off the grid in Zambia is still going strong almost 2 years later. It's a mix of Unifi AC LR's, a UniFi AC Outdoor and 2 pairs
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Apple Gear (iPhone 6 / Watch) by Faolan @ 11/12/2017 19:04

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.Well, MY smart watch cost less than $15. What's all the excitement about? Doug, that upgraded model you've been waiting for is finally here: https://twitter.com/travisgoodspeed/status/940263089982902272 Smiled a b
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by mlord @ 11/12/2017 18:08

Funny! Bug, or just behaving like Google Location Services? I hope to have another go at it tonight. Thanks!
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 11/12/2017 18:06

Unrelated to your pairing issues, there is some kind of a connection bug which is making the headunit re-query for track title data in a continuous fast loop. This makes updates slow overall. https://github.com/tfabris/BlueGigaEmpeg/issues/5 Invest
General
Jump to new posts Re: Dead Compact Flash Card -- Boo.... by Faolan @ 11/12/2017 17:24

Originally Posted By: benjamminThis is what the RPM package provides: Quote:/usr/lib64/rxtx /usr/lib64/rxtx/librxtxSerial.so Was the fix ultimately finding a 32bit version of rxtx? Or did you go another route to push images to the empeg ahead of ge
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: First F1 Race - Suggestions? by Tim @ 11/12/2017 13:19

The folks we met up with had a list of places to try, so I was just kind of dragged around for food. My brother tried to take me out to a couple places he really likes, but nobody took reservations and there was at least a 90 minute wait (according
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New house, new wifi - so many choices by JBjorgen @ 11/12/2017 06:44

I should add that I never updated the original thread, but the campus network that I put in off the grid in Zambia is still going strong almost 2 years later. It's a mix of Unifi AC LR's, a UniFi AC Outdoor and 2 pairs of Nanobeam AC's for the point
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New house, new wifi - so many choices by Dignan @ 11/12/2017 03:01

The basic reason is that I have experience with the Edgerouters and I don't with the USG. Also, the X gives me five ports to do with as I please. I just have one as wan and four as lan. The X is also half the price. *edit* But the USG does fit into
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: First F1 Race - Suggestions? by Faolan @ 11/12/2017 03:00

Originally Posted By: TimThe trip was awesome. My view at the top of Turn 1 (Row 30, top row) was just incredible. I was able to see the front straight, Turns 1, 2, part of the S's, part of the back straight, 16, 17, 18, front of 19 and back of 20.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 11/12/2017 02:43

If you try it again with the latest software (I predict the problem will still occur), type "set" in the console after having encountered the error, then post a full log of the entire session. Also interested in knowing if, after it fails
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >