Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: I made a Bluetooth interface. by mlord @ 49 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: larry818Did you check your compressor to see if it even has a clutch? A lot of new cars don't, they have a modulating valve built into the compressor and just allow it to bypass when not needed. Dunno, but it could be somethi
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: I made a Bluetooth interface. by larry818 @ 58 minutes 10 seconds ago

Did you check your compressor to see if it even has a clutch? A lot of new cars don't, they have a modulating valve built into the compressor and just allow it to bypass when not needed.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by gbeer @ Yesterday at 23:52

My 09 MacBook definitely benifited from an ssd and ram upgrade a few years ago. But it's hit it's EOL. Newer OS versions won't run on it. I suspect it's replacement will be one of the up to date iMacs.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: I made a Bluetooth interface. by tfabris @ Yesterday at 21:04

Shonky, those are excellent suggestions, I'll give that a shot. Mark, good luck with finding that info about the relay. :-)
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: I made a Bluetooth interface. by mlord @ Yesterday at 19:56

Very cool, and very generous of you Tony! I'm actually not quite ready for it on this end -- techie things are indoor winter projects up here, so not until January most likely. Meanwhile, I am hunting for the A/C clutch relay in my new 2018 XV Cros
Off Topic
Ah? Oh well, doesn't matter. I've already got it covered with that widget. An added dot will be bonus. Thanks for the info!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by K447 @ Yesterday at 13:00

Originally Posted By: JBjorgenOriginally Posted By: tanstaafl. At the very least wouldn't a "nuke and re-pave" with the latest OS the hardware supports restore it to whatever performance levels it had when it was new? MacOS doesn't genera
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: I made a Bluetooth interface. by Shonky @ Yesterday at 07:32

Documents are not protected by a login. Have you played around a bit with the arguments for the commands: SET PROFILE AVRCP TARGET 7 SET BT CLASS 280428 I suspect you need to enable a bit in the second one. Maybe just try setting all the bits? Th
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by andy @ Yesterday at 07:01

I agree, stick an SSD in, max out the RAM and it will feel like a whole new machine.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by JBjorgen @ Yesterday at 04:00

Originally Posted By: tanstaafl. At the very least wouldn't a "nuke and re-pave" with the latest OS the hardware supports restore it to whatever performance levels it had when it was new? MacOS doesn't generally need the occasional nuke a
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: I made a Bluetooth interface. by tfabris @ Yesterday at 03:59

Mark, here's my current information about the BlueGiga WT32i board, all contained in comments within my work-in-progress code. https://create.arduino.cc/editor/tfabris/4c5eea9a-1462-45d7-908d-81a5bb6b0d90/preview If you're planning to connect one of
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by tanstaafl. @ Yesterday at 03:15

Originally Posted By: matthew_kBut the computer is getting sooo slow, and I'm not sure what to do now.Surely it's not getting slow because the hardware is wearing out, is it? At the very least wouldn't a "nuke and re-pave" with the latest
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by K447 @ Yesterday at 03:06

Originally Posted By: DignanMy mother has an old Mac Mini. It's a nice computer that's just right for her. But the computer is getting sooo slow, and I'm not sure what to do now. She would like to just get another Mini ... My mom has a perfectly goo
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aging Mac Mini user by matthew_k @ Yesterday at 02:20

I got my mom one of the last non-retina 27" iMacs. They're great machines, and the 27" size is a great upgrade. Not sure if they still pop up refurbished, but should be easy enough to find used.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Aging Mac Mini user by Dignan @ Yesterday at 01:00

My mother has an old Mac Mini. It's a nice computer that's just right for her. But the computer is getting sooo slow, and I'm not sure what to do now. She would like to just get another Mini, but I don't want to get her a three year old computer at t
Projects
Thanks so much for all these tips, everyone! I already purchased heatsinks to attach to the 7805's and was intending to test everything carefully to make sure that the heat wasn't a problem.
Projects
Without a heatsink, the L78 will definitely be fleshsearingly hot. I have used this sink before: http://futurlec.com/Heatsinks/TO220SMBLpr.shtml it keeps things merely hot. It also has holes for firmly mounting it to your pcb. Given that this is
Projects
There are much simpler/cheaper options on eBay for "buck" voltage convertors. Usually just a dollar or two, and they'll handle anything from 60V down to 2V over your output. No heat to speak of, even when stepping down from outrageously l
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone to Android by Dignan @ 18/10/2017 06:43

Quick update: Things are going pretty well. And by pretty well, I've replaced a bunch of my home automation devices with HomeKit compatible ones, and I've installed an AppleTV. I'm pretty much all in at this point. I've been keeping a running list
Off Topic
Originally Posted By: BartDGYes, very cool how the system itself can be adapted via a widget. On the other hand: I've just read that notifications is one of the prime novelties of Android 8 (Oreo), so it looks like counters on icons will be impleme
Projects
What Larry said. If you don't want to roll your own, you can get something like this: DC-DC power supply. Note that they sell a nice metal enclosure for an additional $4.
Projects
The L78 series is a linear regulator, it's meant to regulate an output from a fairly close input voltage, not do conversion as you're doing here. It's gonna get hot. Use something switching, like an LM2575-5.0.
Projects
The first link shows a 7809 (the 9 means nine-volt output). The other two are 5V outputs. I would go with the third (100uF/10uF/100nF) version here, but really anything would work --> not much ripple to filter from a 12-14VDC input from a car.
Projects
Jump to new posts 5v power supply via a 7805 regulator and caps. by tfabris @ 17/10/2017 23:17

All three of these schematics are things I obtained from the internet. All of them are supposed to do the same thing: Make a 5vDC regulated power supply from the input of a car's 12-13vDC main power. All of them have a 7805 regulator chip as their c
Off Topic
Yes, very cool how the system itself can be adapted via a widget. On the other hand: I've just read that notifications is one of the prime novelties of Android 8 (Oreo), so it looks like counters on icons will be implemented anyway, once Samsung ro
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >