Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 59 minutes 19 seconds ago

Status: Six BlueGigaEmpeg PCBs soldered and tested. Parts for a few more are here and ready to solder when needed. Waiting only for Betz boards and enclosures to go with them, then I can take payment and ship.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by Dignan @ Today at 04:04

Originally Posted By: K447Originally Posted By: DignanOriginally Posted By: K447What iPhone model are you using? It's an 8 plus. The other photo was from a first-gen Pixel XL. The photos I take with my phone look great on the phone unless I zoom in
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by K447 @ Yesterday at 14:20

Originally Posted By: andyOriginally Posted By: tfabrisThe zoomed image looks normal to me (for small-sensor digital cameras that is). In fact I would say that pic looks better than most. Iím used to seeing a lot more artifacts at that zoom level in
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by andy @ Yesterday at 10:31

Originally Posted By: tfabrisThe zoomed image looks normal to me (for small-sensor digital cameras that is). In fact I would say that pic looks better than most. Iím used to seeing a lot more artifacts at that zoom level in digital camera images.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by K447 @ Yesterday at 05:04

Originally Posted By: DignanOriginally Posted By: K447What iPhone model are you using? It's an 8 plus. The other photo was from a first-gen Pixel XL. The photos I take with my phone look great on the phone unless I zoom in at all. I'm always surpris
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by Dignan @ Yesterday at 03:42

Originally Posted By: K447What iPhone model are you using? It's an 8 plus. The other photo was from a first-gen Pixel XL. The photos I take with my phone look great on the phone unless I zoom in at all. I'm always surprised how quickly the effect be
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by K447 @ Yesterday at 02:40

What iPhone model are you using?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by andy @ 16/02/2018 22:59

Not on the standard iPhone camera app. However nowadays iOS supports RAW, so there are third party apps that will let you tweak the settings to your hearts content.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by mlord @ 16/02/2018 20:48

It looks over-compressed. Is there a "quality" setting or something you can change for that?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by Dignan @ 16/02/2018 16:05

It could just be a case of "it's different so I don't like it." I just didn't see this kind of processing in my photos before the iPhone. For comparison, here's a photo I took with my Pixel XL in September. He's sitting still, which help
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: iPhone Camera by tfabris @ 16/02/2018 15:51

The zoomed image looks normal to me (for small-sensor digital cameras that is). In fact I would say that pic looks better than most. Iím used to seeing a lot more artifacts at that zoom level in digital camera images. I think most digital cameras
Off Topic
Jump to new posts iPhone Camera by Dignan @ 16/02/2018 14:55

I'm new to the iPhone, and I'm liking it so far. But there's something with the camera that's been bothering me. Take a look at the attached photos I took of my son. The first one looks fine, but the second is zoomed in and shows the issue I'm talki
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 16/02/2018 04:15

Today I got started on soldering several new boards. I got notification that the new Betz boards are on the way and should be here soon. Got the final test print of the enclosure. Works perfect, so Iíll be ordering the rest of the enclosures very
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 16/02/2018 04:07

Super cool!!! Thank you so much!!!
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by Shonky @ 16/02/2018 00:14

Had a look at the replacement part and it's just a FET that's shown (but has some form of current limiting). It will be fine.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by Shonky @ 16/02/2018 00:08

Yeah well he should still and can update the schematic. Almost every schematic design program has a designator e.g. U4 and then one or more component data fields which can be edited. Usually these contain part numbers or at least descriptions. There
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is it? by tanstaafl. @ 15/02/2018 20:42

Originally Posted By: DignanI would have thought a sprinkler system would need more power than that.Nah. Just enough to trip a relay somewhere is all it would take. tanstaafl.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 15/02/2018 19:41

I was nearly correct. Indeed he is intending to use a 2.5 part in that location, I merely had the reason for the part number mixup incorrect. The reason the part number is wrong on the schematic is because that was just the part number associated wi
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by tfabris @ 15/02/2018 19:03

Thanks so much for your detailed answer, Shonky! The fact that the behavior is "undefined", but unlikely to be a problem, is excellent news for me. Double checking the schematic... By Jove, you're right, he lists the 3.3v part number for
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is it? by Dignan @ 15/02/2018 15:13

Originally Posted By: gbeerThose doorbell transformers sometimes also power sprinkler systems and or thermostats. Interesting. I would have thought a sprinkler system would need more power than that. Thermostats make sense though. But no sprinklers
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is it? by gbeer @ 15/02/2018 07:57

Those doorbell transformers sometimes also power sprinkler systems and or thermostats.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: BlueGigaEmpeg by Shonky @ 15/02/2018 04:38

In my opinion the schematic is definitely wrong since it shows a net as both 2V5 (on the net) and 3V3 (P1) at the same time plus the part number is for a 3V3 regulator. Sure you can select the voltage what you want but that's not noted anywhere. Aski
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is it? by mlord @ 14/02/2018 22:50

Originally Posted By: peterDefinitely clicked on this thread hoping for an insect. Here ya go: a two-fer:
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is it? by mlord @ 14/02/2018 22:46

Amen!
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Apple TV question by Daria @ 14/02/2018 22:12

Ok, I guess I need to update tvOS and play with this
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >