Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dang... by Tim @ Today at 11:49

I was wondering if it was because the folks across the pond were dealing with the WannaCry crap that was going on.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dang... by Dignan @ Today at 02:19

Sounds like a great event. Love the anecdote. The traffic is lighter than it used to be, but that kind of drop-off is pretty inevitable for a message board based around a product that hasn't been produced for almost 15 years. We'll have fun in the
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dang... by K447 @ Yesterday at 23:33

I find it refreshing that there are places on the internet where there is posting activity only when something interesting is occurring. This is rare - so many places feel the need to draw/generate 'traffic'. Even if there is nothing of substance h
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Dang... by jmwking @ Yesterday at 23:25

I hate checking in after a couple days to find no new posts! This is one of my favo(u)rite sites! I had a rewarding day volunteering at our local Special Olympics event. The best moment was when a kid - twice lapped in the 1500 - called out as sh
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: VPNs and geoshifting by JBjorgen @ 18/05/2017 16:46

Originally Posted By: larry818Have you considered getting a friend here to set up a VPN for you at their house/work? Any volunteers ? I could do it at the company that I used to work for, but unfortunately they'll be closing their doors this summ
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: VPNs and geoshifting by Archeon @ 18/05/2017 15:44

Netflix is currently busy actively blocking entire ranges of all VPN providers. While ExpressVPN might still work for now, there is absolutely no guarantee for the future. It's a constant battle between Netflix and the VPN providers and most VPN pr
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: VPNs and geoshifting by larry818 @ 18/05/2017 14:50

Have you considered getting a friend here to set up a VPN for you at their house/work?
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Xcode/Swift folks? Any experts here? by tfabris @ 18/05/2017 07:04

For posterity: I solved my own problem in an unconventional way. I didn't find this method anywhere online, but it works for me. I need to be able to reference the ViewController object (the thing that handles the user interface and the controls I
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: VPNs and geoshifting by JBjorgen @ 18/05/2017 05:12

Thanks for taking the time to reply anyway. By the way, I didn't mean to imply that it was a bad recommendation, I've been extremely happy with PIA except for that one thing.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: VPNs and geoshifting by mlord @ 18/05/2017 02:42

I don't use Netflix, and likely never will. No help here. Cheers -ml
Off Topic
Jump to new posts VPNs and geoshifting by JBjorgen @ 18/05/2017 01:06

So on Mark and other's recommendation, I switched from StrongVPN to Private Internet Access this year, because it's like half the price. I use the VPN almost exclusively to geoshift so that I can consume content from Netflix, Amazon, ESPN, etc...as
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Google IO 2017 keynote announcements by DWallach @ 17/05/2017 21:13

A very big deal: Android "O" now officially supports color profiles. This means that OLED screens with their wide color gamut will now have "normal" appearing colors, unless an app really wants to use AdobeRGB or whatnot. This mak
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Google IO 2017 keynote announcements by DWallach @ 17/05/2017 17:36

New stuff from the keynote: . Cloud AI services, petaflops worth of neural network training and execution in second-generation tensor processors, including a potentially game-changing "AutoML" that will try huge numbers of different neural
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Xcode/Swift folks? Any experts here? by tfabris @ 17/05/2017 05:59

My issue appears to be this one: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35104...kes-objects-nil But the code example given there to fix it refuses to compile, stating that "UIStoryboard" is an undeclared type.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Xcode/Swift folks? Any experts here? by tfabris @ 16/05/2017 05:29

anyone here good with swift/Xcode? I'm trying to write a Mac desktop version of a utility program that I had previously written on Windows. I can't get past the Hello World stage. Basically I put some text and button controls on the ViewController,