Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | Software | RioCar.Org | Hijack | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs | Addons: Eutronix | Cases

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NAS, Any Changes? by Faolan @ 21/05/2018 17:55

Something I wish I had known before buying a Synology for my needs: https://duckduckgo.com/synology%20rsync%20issues%20acl?ia=web They donít use standard ACLs under the hood, which can interfere with some possible uses, mostly around rsync or exten
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NAS, Any Changes? by Roger @ 21/05/2018 11:17

Both of my Synology (DS211 and DS416play) boxes are still going strong.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NAS, Any Changes? by tahir @ 21/05/2018 09:37

I recently bought a netgear and a qnap, the qnap performs much better (8gb ram) but the netgear has a much cleaner gui, hard to fathom exactly where some stuff is on the qnap. This is our second of each, haven't had reliability issues with either bra
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NAS, Any Changes? by Dignan @ 21/05/2018 04:24

I think Synology is still the way to go if you want ease of use. I've been a big fan of mine. I even upgraded to a newer version and the drive migration process was very smooth. *edit* I would never even try Drobo again. I had so many problems with
Off Topic
Originally Posted By: tanstaafl.Recently my computer, a desktop running Windows 10, stopped going into Sleep mode.This problem has gone away following last night's Windows 10 update to v10.0.17134 Build 17134 tanstaafl.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Empeg Weblite 0.95 by BartDG @ 19/05/2018 16:06

The thing I'm really hoping for is if somebody would create a smartphone app that would emulate the Empeg's functionality, with the mp3's on the smartphone. I had very high hopes for that Empeg on Raspberry Pi project, but unfortunately it seems to
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NAS, Any Changes? by BartDG @ 19/05/2018 16:01

I'll keep an eye on this thread because I'm in the market for a NAS as well. I'm only considering Synology and Qnap really, and I'm leaning more towards Qnap because to me it seems their hardware is more powerful.
Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: NAS, Any Changes? by K447 @ 19/05/2018 12:45

Just yesterday I was asked what NAS to recommend for home/small business network backup. I too am interested to hear what the current synopsis is. And I suppose what backup software. They use mostly Windows, I use mostly Mac so I am not current on W
Off Topic
Jump to new posts NAS, Any Changes? by Tim @ 19/05/2018 03:50

Is Synology still the highest recommended NAS, or has Drobos fixed the drive failure thing? I havenít looked at the offering for a few years, so wondering if anything has changed in the landscape.
Projects
Jump to new posts Re: Empeg Weblite 0.95 by jmwking @ 18/05/2018 22:01

Thanks! (I'm still hoping someone will port empeg to an ios ap. It's way beyond my skillset. My last - and only - real port job was in the early '80s, bringing Adventure to our high school BTI system. "Plugh") -jk