So yeah, I'm having trouble with my computer already. As stable as Win2K was on my old machine, for some reason it's a buggy mess on my new one.

Every so often doing the most random thing will cause the whole system to restart. I went in to redirect the "My Documents" folder, I click on the "change" button and all of a sudden the screen goes blank and I'm booting up again. Disconcerting, yes.

Then smaller things will happen. Like I inserted my motherboard's driver disk, and the driver install program wouldn't run. Something like "Application failed to initialize." This is annoying, because I needed to install drivers to see if I could fix the problem of my CF card reader not being recognized anymore.

When I first set everything up, I put a CF card in the reader (it came with the mobo), and tada! There was a new drive in "My Computer." I was able to see it just fine. But then overnight, something changed and now when I put the card in, it does nothing at all!

The last thing I've noticed was that after about 5 minutes of playing GTA3, it'll just lock up and I can do nothing but a hard restart. This is most likely a problem with the game, though, as it sucks.

Do you think there's a general problem here? Is there something in my system that could cause most of these glitches?

Also, for some reason Windows keeps bringing up some screen about a "digital signature" or something every time I try to install new soft/hardware. Can I turn this off?

Thanks for any help you can give me!