Hi all,

Is there a preferred mount point for the hda2 partition? I noticed that genixia wrote his preinit/3rd party install script to use /programs0, which I find rather... blech... as far as aesthetics go. I'd prefer to mount hda2 as /usr/local, which seems nicer from an historical point of view (i.e. more consistent with your standard linux directory tree). However, I also saw he's got hdc2 mounting on /programs1. Not having a second drive (yet), I don't know if it's partitioned in the same way as hda, but I have my doubts that it is, as it doesn't require a swap partition, dynamic data partition(?), or a root linux partition, either. If it *is* partitioned in the same manner, then I'm not sure where I'd mount an additional developer partition if the first is at /usr/local.

Anyway, the reason I'm asking (before I go and do this) is that I thought that it might be a good idea if there were a standard place to mount hda2 so that developers (which might include me someday) can locate associated files more easily. For example, all the apps could be put into /usr/local/bin, but instead of stuffing every option under the sun into that one single config.ini file, applications could have their own .rc scripts in /usr/local/share. JEmplode could then be extended to look in this directory and act as a linuxconf (err... make that empegconf) of sorts, because it knows where to find all the config files.

Cheers,