I have an Mk2 empeg with two drives onboard, and have been using an old version of Hijack (can't remember the version number) with the v2.00 beta 11 consumer kernel happily for some time.

Having seen the latest round of cool add on apps available, I thought I'd have a go at installing pacman, telnet daemon etc. etc. So, the first step was to upgrade to a developer version of the kernel so that I get shell support. So, I used the Emplode upgrade wizard to install 2.00 betal 11 developer image.

This worked fine too, but I lost Hijack in the process. So today I thought I'd upload the latest build of Hijack (v281) using the Logo Editor. The upload seemed to go fine, but when I reboot the empeg it just seems to hang with the power light flashing.

I hooked it up to Hyperterminal and I get the following boot log:

empeg-car bootstrap v1.02 20001106 ([email protected])
If there is anyone present who wants to upgrade the flash, let them speak now,
or forever hold their peace...it seems not. Let fly the Penguins of Linux!

e000 v1.04
Copying kernel...
Calling linux kernel...

And then it just hangs! Waaahh! I tried flashing the hijack file over again and it still hangs. Tried downloading the hijack file again and reflashing but it still hangs. I'm hoping that I can reinstall the standard 2.00 betal 11 kernel and it will all be mended, but I'd like to get Hijack back too.

So, any ideas on how to fix this? Is this a known problem with latest version of Hijack? Anybody else using v281 without problems?

Cheers Dudes,

Andrew.