Hi Mark,

As you may rememebr I mentioned this bug quite a while ago: when skipping to the next song, I get a W on next to the hdd icon, and I hear the disks spinning up. This happen almost always when I skip to teh next track, and sometimes even when the player goes to the next track in the playlist without me skipping anything, in the normal playback.
I thought this happened due to a bug in the software but now I think it depends on Hijack. Today I installed beta13 and I noticed I did not have the problem after the update. So I played around with it and never had the W sign. Then I installed Hijack 283 and I started to have the problem again. So a couple of hours ago I reinstalled the factory kernel, beta 13 plain, and I don't have the probloem anymore. I've been skipping back and forth for a couple of hours now,without having the W sign at all.
Maybe somebody else can confirm this if they want to try?

Edit:
After playing around for much longer, I got the W a couple of times. Still, it it much much less frequent than with Hijack. Maybe when Hijack is installed I have less memory for caching? I have no idea...

My configuration is:
Mark 2a, 60Gb (30+30) v. 2.00b13 .

Thanks

Edited by taym (26/07/2002 08:17)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg