I'm not sure which version(s) of jEmplode have this problem. I'm pretty sure it didn't happen before v32, and I've not taken it beyond v40. I'm currently using v39.

Doing another search, I find that options I added with jEmplode appear, but with 0x prepended. For some reason, I don't getting new results with an advanced search for options!="", but options like 0 works. This is why I thought my options had disappeared - my saved custom search (options > "0") stopped returning most of them, but they remained with the prefix added. Or perhaps not - the only ones that begin with 0x are ones I've set using jEmplode - I believe that I've lost options from tunes and playlists that I've touched with jEmplode.

Some tunes have "0x0" - since this is the default, no "options" tag might be appropriate here?

When I first added options, using Emptool, I found that they didn't work with the 0x prefix present. Having tried again, with beta13, I'm no longer sure. jEmplode doesn't seem to be reading my old values, but the new ones do appear to be working. So my original report seems to be a bit premature.