Okay, I'm not going to say much else here, because you aren't understanding my points and what I am arguing against.

The Napster part wasn't an analogy. I was saying that you don't seem to be the type of person who listens to any whole albums. I'd say that I enjoy and listen to about 95% of all the songs I own, and that's why I buy albums.

You're still missing the point. Artists don't create albums, record companies do. And record companies have access to ALL their musicians music and that's certainly more than 1000 songs. "Just think of the recording careers of " ALL ARTISTS in a recording company.

You see, I was talking about one album by an artist. This was a completely separate point from your packaging idea, and I was saying that because you seemed to be saying that with more storage space, an artist could conceiveably put 1000 songs on one CD. I was saying that nobody would do this for obvious reasons. That was COMPLETELY separate from the multiple artist database idea.

As for that, my point was simply that you would still have to pay alot for each song you wanted to buy, because the money isn't spent on the packaging and shipping of the CD's, it's spent on the executives.

I totally understand that there are people who don't want the big clunky album with filler that they know they only want a couple songs for. My point of view on that is that if I only like 1 song someone puts out, the artist is a waste of my time because they're either a one-hit-wonder or they don't care enough to make good music. But that's my opinion, and I know it sounds a bit crazy.

I only considered your response to sound slightly jaded because you seemed to imply that the only reason anyone and everyone creates music is to get paid. I'm sorry, but you are just plain wrong about that.

DiGNAN