I was able to keep my stock (Bose) headunit in my 2001 Yukon Denali and use the empeg as a replacement for the in-dash cd player. I played with all the aftermarket convertors but they required the use of cd-changers, locked-up annoyingly often and are pretty expensive (especially for the inconsistent behaviour). I found a cheap, excellent work around. I purchase an extra 9 wire harness that runs between the head unit and the auxillary indash cd-changer (from ebay). I extended the wires in this harness and used it to transplant the stock cd-changer (hidden) in the back of the truck (Be sure to leave a cd in the player). I hooked up all wires to the cd changer EXCEPT the speaker wires. I ran these thru a PAC Bose convertor(you can use a simple high level to line level convertor if you don't have the Bose) to the empeg which I mounted where the indash cd changer was. I tapped all the empeg power/ground etc wires into the same harness. Now when you hit the CD button on the headunit it plays the cd in the changer with NO sound, and I can operate the empeg which plays thru the headunit flawlessly. If I had the time I would now try to finsih adapting the empeg so it would be directly controlled by the PWM signals of the headunit. ( I was getting excellent help from this forum until I became extremely busy with work related projects). Another day I guess.

Bob