Yeah, I don't necessarily need it to have its own screen, as I mainly want it as an in-car thing that works with the Empeg. I'd rather take advantage of the Emeg's VFD... Even if it is limited in what it can display clearly, it's good enough for my purposes.

I'll look up those SV6 and Oncore ones you mentioned... I assume they both speak NMEA and would be happy talking to your GPSApp? I'll probably pick the one that will be easiest to hack to work off the 12V power on the Empeg's DB-9 cable. Not sure which that'd be, though.

Edit: Okay it seems the Oncore is just a board that I'd have to solder a DB-9 to... Probably not ideal for me. Couldn't find anything concrete on the Trimble SV6.

I did find this "GPS mouse." But it expects power from a PS/2 connection. Would I need something special to connect that to the 12V on pin 4 of the Empeg's DB-9? It says it supports the following NMEA messages: NMEA-0183 ver2.01 or Rockwell Binary, PRWIBIT, PRWILOG, PRWINIT, PRWIPRO, xxGPQ, GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG PRWIRID, PRWIBIT, PRWIZCH sentences. Is that good enough?

Edited by yn0t_ (17/10/2002 12:32)