I think it's great that the player is able to mark a track for later attention, but I find that when I get to checking the tracks I often forget why I marked them to start with. I think that within Emplode, you should be able to setup a short list of descriptions or "reason codes" that would later allow you to determine why a track was marked, ie:

Code Meaning
A - Bad mp3
B - Eliminate leading silence
C - Include in xxx playlist
D - Assign PIN#
E - Normalize volume
F - etc, etc, etc...

Anyway, each of us would have our own pre-sets depending on how we use our players and how we listen to our music. Then when a track was "marked", immediately after marking the track the player would prompt you to choose from your list of reason codes. When you review the player in Emplode the next time, you would be able to perform whatever maintenance you intended to do easily. I use the mark track option often to mark tracks to be included into a certain playlist or to mark tracks that have issues. All of you may have your own reasons for marking tracks, but no matter what, if you're not connecting to your player almost daily with Emplode (and sometimes even if you do), you have a strong chance of forgetting why the tracks are marked in the first place.

If this is something a bunch of us could use, I'll post it in the wish list.