There's nothing I hate worse than how deeply XP buries critical configuration screens. Windows 2000 is almost as bad

2000: Start, Settings, Control Panal, Admin Tools, Services

XP: Start, Control Panal, Admin Tools, Services. XP may be in Category mode for the control panal, requiring a click on either "Switch to Classic View" or "Preformance and Maintaince" to reveal the admin tools.

The universal way with the two is Right Click on My Computer, Manage, Plus by Services and Applications, Services.

For my Windows torture, I'm sold on XP now. The benefits over 2000 outweigh the needed tweaking time at initial install to whip it into shape for a pro user. The Start Panal rocks once it's set up to your liking, and saves space by getting rid of the quick launch area.

There is one annoyning thing about XP that I am still working on. If I go to a LAN party, noone can connect to my box for file shares (or see a list of them), even when I type my specific domain, username, and password in. My 2000 Lan box would work fine away from my domain controller at home. Anyone have some ideas here on the differences? I've browsed the security policies, but can't find anything that fixes it. And yes, guest is enabled.