I've got a Sony DSC-P3, and I love it. 2.8 Mega-pixels is honestly "good enough" for me, as was mentioned it's more than enough for posting on a web page, e-mailiing, or even playback through the TV.

I can recommend a few things that I think would apply to any camera - 1) go for small size - My P3, and also the P5 and P9 are just tiny. Easily goes into a pants or jacket pocket. 2) Get a good battery - double AA's are horrid. I'd get a camera that comes with a good rechargeable battery that can last. 3) Get another battery - because shooting pictures, with flash, while using the LCD screen, is a real battery hog. 4) Get a giant memory stick, such as a Lexar 128MB. It'll hold a LOT of pictures. 5) Get optical zoom - digital zoom is a joke, and amounts to little more than simply cropping the picture afterwards. 6) You also need a mini tripod, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000065BO6//qid=1036461414/br=2-8/ref=br_ts_full_p//104-9444506-7940737?v=glance&n=502394 . Look for one that folds up as small as possible. Use that with a built in self timer and you can get yourself in any shot, and also be a lot more stable for the ones you might consider printing and blowing up someday.

HTH