Hi!

I got a windows iPod this week, and now I'm filling it up with mp3's. I've uploaded 15gig now, so it's about 3/4ths full.

It has become painfully clear to me that the iPod's firmware/software is in no way as advanced as the Empeg's is, especially when I ran into this problem :

As I stated in a previous post here the iPod is incapable of working with directories. Instead it reads the ID3 tags of all the uploaded files and throws everything together in one big soup. (sorted by artist, track, genre,...)

This is a problem because this has led to the phenomenon where I have A LOT of artists in my library with only one or two songs. (all those artists are sorted on my Empeg under the directory "Top 40", but as said before, this doesn't work with the iPod). This a hassle.

I decided to lessen this hassle by creating some playlists, which more or less simulate the directory structure on my Empeg. So I created 11 playlists. For Top40, for disco, for rock and for dance, for each genre two or three (depending how big the category was) differently shuffled playlists.

But this is the problem : when I try and upload those 11 playlists by synching, my iPod claims there is not enough room on it to upload them (there is still 5 gig free space left). So I guess that WITH the playlists, the iPod (or musicmatch) also tries to upload the tracks it's refering to. Clearly, this is not my intention. The tracks are already on the player, all that is needed now is that those 11 small *.m3u files worth 400Kb together (I checked) get uploaded onto the player so I can start using them.
What am I doing wrong? I tried using "selected playlist synchronisation" as the help file states, but that gave me the same result.

Any help is much appreciated.