I purchased a empeg MK2 from ebay this week and should be receiving it some time next week.

I currently own a subaru outback 2002 ll bean edt and am interested in installing the empeg into this car. I read through the post about the 2000 outback install and am a little concerned. first off i dont want to patch into any system and i pretty much dont want to do the work myself, id rather pay to have it done seeing as it seems somewhat difficult. I also dont want to ruin any part of the console if at all possible.

My stock system is a 2 DIN cd/radio/weather band unit. connected via 16-pin (??) to the unit is a 6 disc in dash unit (3rd DIN). I have a set of tweaters up front with normal speakers in the front and back doors.

My final install id like to retain the stock cd/radio/wb unit and have the empeg too. So it seems i would just replace the 6 disc unit with the empeg.

From my research it looks like the best solution is to purchase an amp (which one i have no clue, im pretty clueless when it comes to car audio) and a switch and connect the stock unit and empeg unit up to the switch then to the amp. i want the car stereo to always stay on but when i turn the empeg off have the sound of the car unit come through.

Is this possible? are there any easier ways to do it? possible ways i can do? id prefer to have the best sound possible. If i purchased an amp and switch from a local dealer would they be able to install the whole package and make everything work by the time i picked it up?

Thanks from someone who has no clue what they are doing