(dbpoweramp music converter)
Sounds pretty good.

The feature set surely sounds interesting, at least for anything besides ripping (to me).

But I do happen to have (more than) a few CDs that have never ripped successfully under anything except EAC; older ones with um, booboos.

That's exactly the point: EAC is just that: an exact audio copies. dMC doesn't seem to support software error recovery like EAC does. With EAC, I don't have to worry wether a scratched disc rips nicely or with pops and crackles. EAC either rips the CD perfectly or not at all (well, "not at all" means with clear error message in this case). I haven't found one single ripping program that does such a fine job on almost any scratched disc (well, CDDAO and cdparanoia may be exceptions, I haven't tried them).

See, I used Audiograbber, CDex and many other rippers, but I always had to listen to the rips before I could be sure they didn't include random pops and crackles. With EAC, a look at the result window tells me wether there is any chance of read errors (and where to look for them. If EAC didn't report any possible errors, there hasn't been a single pop so far.

Ciao,
Sven