For those of you who may have thought that this was possible, I'm afraid it is not. Yes, I was lying about having a patent pending. FerretBoy was right. To do this it would take a lot of paper.

No computer that exists today could calculate anywhere near fast enough to do this in any reasonable amount of time. In fact, just attempting to calculate the number of possible combinations would overload your desktop.

Let's say I just wanted to print out every possible sentence, up to 65 characters long (as opposed to 1,000 pages of characters long). There are 26 letters, 10 numbers, and let's say 14 common signs and punctuation marks including blank spaces. So that's 50 possible characters for each of the 65 spaces on each line. That means there are 50^65 possible combinations, which is equal to 10^110.

To get an idea of how large that number actually is, imagine that every atom in the universe represents a computer printing out these different combinations, so that we have 3x10^74 machines working simulaneously together. Now assume that these machines have been working continuously since the creation of the universe, that is for a period of 3x10^9 years or 10^17 seconds, printing at the rate of atomic vibrations, that is, 10^15 lines per second. By now they would have printed out about:

3x10^74 x 10^17 x 10^15 = 3x10^106 lines

...which is only about one thirteenth of 1 percent of the total amount required. And that's only for 1 line, not one thousand pages. So yeah, I'm gonna start working on my perpetual motion machine instead.

I actually got this idea and the above calculations from a book called One Two Three...Infinity by George Gamow. Anyone want to know what the odds are that all the air molecules in the room you are sitting in will unexpectedly collect in a far corner of the room, leaving you to suffocate in your chair?