I like where you're going with the weighted shuffle idea. It would be great to have a shuffle that took how much you like a song into account. I think this is what "Plays" was supposed to be, but I don't think that would work as accurately as this new shuffle would.

I'm thinking of a shuffle that would still be random, but could also consider a weighting system (say 1-10) into consideration. So, when it went to grab the next song in the playlist, it would still be random, but would be more likely to pull a song with weight of 8 then a song with weight 3.

You could also have another shuffle mode where you say "Play all songs with weight 3 or more" or maybe "weight 7 or more". There's times where I only want to hear my absolute favorites, but times where I want to hear songs that I really like, just not necessarily my absolute favorites. So, having a way to set the threshold, perhaps by just pressing the number on the remote, would be great.