HI - I have my Empeg on it's way (woohoo!) and I want to give it a warm welcome. Unfortunately, I'm more of a Linux Geek and Geek-of-all-trades than a real audio (hardware) geek. In that area I'm just a wannabe.

I know I need a separate external amp for my Empeg, but... which one? I know nothing about this and all the discussion of power and crosstalk makes my head hurt. I just want something to use with my Empeg which 1) sounds great, 2) doesn't cost too much, and 3) has enough power to play music loudly without distortion - in that order. When I say "loud" I mean, loud as in "when your mother would have told you to turn it down", not "ear-damaging, brain-splittingly loud". %-)

I would also like recommendations on speakers. I have a 2000 Subaru Outback, which unfortunately doesn't have a rear deck, and only 4 door-mounted speakers, so I know I'll never get great sound (how can you, when half the sound gos into your leg?). But I still want the sound to b as good as I can get it, so can anyone recommend some good speakers that will fit in my car without breaking the bank? Or suggest some places where I could mount additional ones?

BTW, when I say "recommend", I mean "recommend a specific model", not "general advice on buying". Please say "Buy Brand X, model Y", not "well, you want an amp that has at least 1500 gigapoofs and biplanar freetwops." :-)

Thanks for any help!

Need Linux training? It's our specialty!<HR>
[email protected] / Toll Free: 877 549 5885