There's also a new shuffle mode which is wonderful. You'll find out soon :)

Speaking of shuffle mode, I have a question/comment about the current one. The "new" (that is, "instant") shuffle works great, but I have a bit of a problem with the user interface. There's the "Shuffle" menu, and when you select the menu, it says "On" if shuffle is currently on, and "Off" if shuffle is off. If you select the "On" or "Off", the entire menu hierarchy disappears and the value is toggled - but you really have no visual feedback that it has been toggled.

If it is going to be the case that selecting this option will result in an instant change with no visible feedback, then it seems to me that the option should reflect what will happen when you select it (something like "Activate" or "Shuffle" when shuffle is currently off, and "Deactivate" or "Unshuffle" when shuffle is currently on). Otherwise, I'd suggest that toggling the option actually toggle it on screen (so you see the word "On" change to "Off", and vice-versa, as in the old shuffle mechanism); or at least, have a text bar at the top of the screen which says "Shuffle is now ON" or something and then fades out or disappears.

I realize this is sort of a nitpicky thing but the new software is so good that most of what's left for me to put on a wish list are nitpicky things... :) Seriously, though, I do think that visual feedback is important in conjunction with functionality like Shuffle mode.

-----
Daniel M. Zimmerman
Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB, Red
Mk.1 #00101, 10GB, Blue
Daniel M. Zimmerman Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB Mk.1 #00101, 10GB