The display in my MkIIa seems to have picked up some strange behaviour. The 3rd and 4th columns from the left are getting all screwed up, resulting in a fuzzy lit up band in their place.

From what I can tell, the individual pixels in column 3 & 4 seem to light up if another pixel in that same row is also on. And I believe the more pixels in that row that are on, the brighter the pixels in column 3/4 are. If I play with the dimmer and set it down low, the problem seems to go away... but i have to set it very low, about 20%. Even 40% works sometimes, but after a few secondsthe same problem comes back.

I've read this post and I think it might be a similar effect... although in my case it is on the left side of the screen, and very very annoying.

I've had the player for about 9 months now... it just happened in the middle of my drive this afternoon. I thought it had something to do with the extremely cold temperatures around here right now, but the car wasn't particularly cold at the time, and the problem still remains now that it's been back in the house for the last 6 hours.

I took some pictures to help show what's going on...I've attached one, but take a look at the rest here.

Has anybody seen this before? I suppose this might be covered under warantee, but I would really hate being without my empeg.

Attachments
135689-clock.jpg (231 downloads)