Neat idea! I like the radio-info-screen idea. Know what I think would be best? Write a third-party application, independent of GPSapp, which did the following:

- Reverse-engineer the storage format of the scratch partition (we've been told that it's pretty easy to figure out if we but try).

- Locate the place on the scratch partition where the radio station presets are stored.

- Every ten minutes or so, briefly check to see if it's getting lat/long coordinates from the serial port. Connect only long enough to grab one set of coordinates, then free up the serial port again.

- Database lookup the ten or twenty closest stations.

- Write those to preset bank "C" (or optionally banks B and C for 20 stations) on the scratch partition.

So, in a totally transparent fashion, you always have a bank's worth of the nearest stations ready to go just by hitting the bank button on your remote. If done right, it wouldn't even interfere with GPSapp. Or it could cooperate with GPSapp. Or heck, I guess it could be part of GPSapp if you wanted it to be as long as it was off by default.