Hi!

Iis quite simple with MG9 to convert the routes.

First of all you should tell MG9 to only display the coordinates and the description (in this order), nothing more. You should select "detailed route" to display not only the waypoint but also the route shapes.

Second you should save the file as txt-file, not as html. (save them without spaces in the name)

Third you should use my little script "mg2mus.pl" to convert this format to the input format for the parser of gpsapp (parse_mapsonus.py).

The only thing is that I used perl, the gpsapp parser uses phyton. So you need support for both interpreters installed on your system.

Enclosed you find my way to convert the routes. The zip-file includes my script for MG9 (mg2mus.pl), the phyton-script from gpsapp (convert.py), and two of my batch-files. Convert.bat converts a route automatically from the MG9 format to the empeg format, convall.bat converts all txt-files from MG9 in the current directory to the empeg format and transmittes them automatically to the empeg via ftp as soon as the empeg is available (edit the ip-address in the bat-file for your empegs IP). I use this script to generate routes on the PC, start the script convall.bat, later on in the garage turn on my car togehter with the empeg and WLAN interface, then the script on the PC automatically pushes the routes to the empeg if this one is powered up.

Please let me know if this one does help.

Juergen

Attachments
168374-mg2empeg.zip (28 downloads)