I can only repeat myself, i was one of the people wishing this feature before, but when i wrote it here, lots of people just replied that it would go on their nerves.

So i repeat my wish for that, and of course i would also like to be able to turn it on and off, like the stupid beeps ...

I just returned from a short Holiday in Norway where i was driving around with my AUDI Convertible open all time ( thx for the weather, whoever feels responsible btw ), not beeing able to see ANYTHING on the bad Mk2 front plate, so in *several* occasions i had to stop just to produce enough shadow to find the correct album i wanted to play.
( And i had to admit, that 1 or 2 times i got in dangerous situations because i really tried hard to see something on the display while driving, i learned THAT lesson )
When coverig their legal *sses abot the no-visual-bootup-mode, empeg shoud definately think about this issue, the visuals *never* ever brought me close to an accident, but the missing text-2-speech option did.
Why do you all think that Navigation Systems have voice output ?

Nils