I'm posting this at the suggestion of mschrag as to possibilites/suggestions.
I had been getting 'auto-updateing Hijack' errors with JEmplode saying I need to be connected via ethernet and have version xxx of Hijack to update Hijack. The thing is I was connected via ethernet & had the required Hijack version. This only happened once in a while and I recently found out why. My player was booting up in DC mode on AC power because I had switched it a while back until I noticed one day @ home the screen was different, car mode, did I switch it back to normal operation via the Hijack menu. Once I changed the player back to 'normal' or AC mode JEmplode let me auto-update Hijack w/o the error. So what you say, well I wonder if there's a way to either have, suggestion 1) a small indication on the display of what mode the player is in or 2) have the player upon a reboot switch back to 'normal' state of where it's at, AC or DC power. Of course there doesn't have to be any changes made at all if everyone knows this happens when your getting the error using JEmplodes 'auto-update Hijack' feature.