I'm digging through the souce for the emptool program under Linux, trying to make it upload my files in alphabetical order. (I have all my mp3's prefixed by the track number, like 01_song.mp3, 02_song.mp3, etc. If they get uploaded in alphabetical order, they get played in the proper order...)

It seems like all the "bad hoodoo" is happening in the BranchStackList class after the directory gets scanned - it looks like the order in which items are popped off of this Stack (and hence uploaded to the unit) does not necessarily reflect the order in which they are pushed on. In the meanwhile I am digging through the code further to find out how to make the bad things stop happening, does anyone have any advice (or better yet, a quick patch) on getting the uploads/syncs to keep an alphabetical order when they get pushed into the empeg? (I've already changed the call to scandir() to call alphasort() as its sorting function, so the filenames *are* being read off the filesystem in the right order.) Booting Windows to reorder playlists sucks, but so does uploading a file at a time so they stay in proper order. :P