[rant]
while I am heppy that this girl was found and returned, I do have a few problems with the reporting of the story. As has been said earlier, this appears to be the product of those in high places tub tumping around to get attention to their plight, while there are THOUSANDS of people who go missing daily without this kind of coverage. I'd like to see more coverage of the success stories.
But why did I see this story in prime-time news in Australia??? Many kids go missing here too. Very few are reported on. but some bugucking GENIOUS in the news broadcasting room here has trapped this off the wire and run with it like it's the first time it ever happened.
Let me state again that I'm glad the girl is OK.
But what other stories of actual importance and interest to me, here, were sacrificed in order to run with this irrelivant filler?!

There's been a big scandal over here where an government official has resigned in because he couldn't tolerate our government's war stance. In a radio talkback prog, a guy called up to say that he quit his news editing job because he couldn't tolerate the way the stories were re-cut to make the time slot available. Important facts were being left out just to make the time slot. I'm glad a few people have a soul in that industry.

[/rant]

thankyou for your time, I should get out more.