Well my time has finally come. I got that same feeling so many others have had opening their packages. I was still suprised to see how small it is! Incredible!

The funny thing about the delivery is that it was in Washington when I was in Williamsburg. I drove 2 hours and 160 just to pick it up by hand and have it a day early (oh yeah, and the drive usually takes 2 and a half hours, but you understand). I also came back so I could get it installed and I've dropped off my van at the installation place this morning.

I had a few things I want to ask about the empeg.
1) When I had it hooked up to my home stereo, I put the volume at 0 dB like I've read you should do. This resulted in no sound at all. I then turned it up almost all the way and then had to turn the knob on my reciever up far past normal. I first connected the RCA plugs to the back of the reciever and then to the line in on a VCR and found the same results in both places. What am I doing wrong?

2)Also with the empeg hooked up at home, I noticed a screen flicker. Not really a flicker, but more like a quick dimming of the display. Should I be worried?

3)Is there a way to quickly change the info type while watching visuals with the remote? Say I'm watching a full-screen visual. Do I have to always do the series of button presses that takes me there? I know you can shortcut it by using the numbers, but that's still alot of keystrokes just to see the name of the song you're listening to. Is there not a button that will either quickly flash the track name or rotate through the info types?

That's about it. I had to drop off the empeg with the installers and I miss it already. They're probably having a blast with it as I write this

Thanks empeg!

DiGNAN