Well I have finally tidied up my Forester install. the electrical side was relatively simple, i just re-ran all the cableing, with power direct to battery. I used the original ignition switched +12v and and antennae power control by spliceing another connector into them (solder and heatshrink, the only way to fly...) My Subaru had an Alpine as a head unit mounted in the top DIN slot, and a plastic pocket in the lower slot. I have taken out the Alpine and moved the pocket up to the top and mounted the empeg in the lower one to facilitate the installation of my Mobile phone car kit. I have installed and Alpine V12 4 channel amp under the drivers seat (RHD here in Australia) and sent the Sub out to another 2 channel V12 in bridge mode under the passenger seat. The original front and rear door speakers have been replaced with Alpine 6" mids (buit in Xover) and the front door tweeters have been replaced with Alpine tweeters run from the door xover outputs. I have a 2x 10" sub box facing backwards in the cargo area directly behind the rear seat (180 degree phase change required). All was done over the last couple of months as time permitted, about 8 hours real work. But the thing that caused me the real grief was the bloody dashboard fascia. It took me 4 1/2 hour straight with a Dremmel Moto-tool to make a (half)decent job of it. It really is a pity the empeg is not DIN standard in size. well the empeg itself is, but the mounting cradle that is the physical piece to be fitted, is larger and the front panel is much wider. Still it is a marvel of modern technology, and I wouldn't be without it. Now if I can get PPP running over the USB.....Hmmm and USB running on my Linux Box at home.....

PeterH
" 'tis better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"