I think someone must be laughing somewhere... I had the same issue with my player this afternoon. Ugh. I don't have the time to be opening and fixing drive cables again.

Last night I'm reading about the dicontinuation of Car support, spending more time on the BBS than I have as of late (had a night to myself) and today... On the way to work a hang starting a track - it had been playing about 5 minutes and then just stopped at exactly 0:00 of the next track. Could not seek nor skip, but could enter the menu (player app was not hung). Entered Hijack, rebooted and everytihng was fine.

Get into my car this afternoon at about 4pm and I get the No DIsk message - the trusty message I first saw on my player back in November 2001. Blech. Reboot and all's good. Watched X-Men 2, started the car again and player stops while "Loading Playlists..." Reboot once more and all's fine for the drive home.

Now to find the time to crack it open and check what's up... Fun fun fun during what was already lining up to be a busy weekend.

Bruno