Blau(punkt) stuff is usually quite good. But there are some other brands with high quality - Kicker for example or have a look at special sales (I got a very good amp (usual cost about $700 for 50% off))

Generally - even if you are not an audiophile I'd recommend to spend some bucks in your amp and not buy the cheapest one - cause you only need to buy it once - usually it doesn't break and you'll have it for a long time. And there's a difference between cheap(low quality) and more expensive(high quality) amps - even for non audiophiles. And I think if you hear the sound from a good amp you'll like it. (the same thing for the speakers - good speakers are not that expensive)

I'd recommend a 4 channel amp cause as a car-audio-dealer said - high quality 4 channel amps have nearly the same price as high quality 2 channel amps.

Have a thought about spending some more bucks and you'll get a really very good sound out of your empeg!
(I prepared my car with a quite cheap 5 channel amp (1 separate channel for sub) but as I installed my Mk2 I was not very glad with the sound. So I bought a better amp (like I said above) and connected it - and I was totally surprised! The sound was really much clearer and better and even more powerful)

Another thing to say: Speak with you dealer - Maybe you could test some amps (wire the through the air) before buying them. Then you'll hear the difference!
The big deal on installing a car hifi is usually putting the cables somewhere you can't see them and connecting the head-unit. The amp itself is really easy to replace - just unscrew the power and speaker connectors and it's ready to be replaced.

TeeMcBee
Got my Mk2! # 080000143