This is a Windows 2000 machine and I do not have admin privledges.
That's the root of the problem. You need a certain privilege level to install most applications, and Emplode is no exception.

If it's possible to do in your case, you can add your domain user login to the local box's administrators group and all should be well.

For instance, on my network, I want to login in as "domainname\tfabris". Because if I don't, I can't access network resources without a hassle.

But by default, "domainname\tfabris" doesn't have administrator privileges on my workstation. So, when setting up the workstation, I initially logged in as "workstationname\administrator" and added "domainname\tfabris" to that workstation's "administrators" group. Then all subsequent logins could be as "domainname\tfabris" and I have tfabris' permissions on the domain, but administrator privileges on the local box.

This is, IMHO, the best way to set up client machines under NT as long as the end users aren't complete mouth-breathers. Perhaps your admin can let you set up your workstation like this.