I know a variation of this has been covered before, but here it goes anyway:

When I want a playlist to appear in two places in my playlist tree, I can do one of two things: copy a playlist, or create a new playlist (probably with the same name as the original) and copy tracks into it. In the first case, if I delete a track from either copy of the list, it is gone (because I have, in Unix parlance, two links to the same list - i.e. directory). In the other case there are two independent lists, and I can manipulate tracks within each without disturbing the other (of course, change to the track itself - say, genre - in one list will be reflected in the other, too).

Now, in some situations I prefer one behaviour, in some the other. I would just like to be able to tell (without experimenting or going throug CSV list) which of the two is the case. I propose a column in emplode for FID (if I understand properly, they could be seen as equivalnet to inode numbers), and a number of 'links' to particular file. So, if I notice that my list has more than one copy, I just sort by FID and see what it is linked to. Of course, this would also require fully expanded view of the whole player.

I have read somewhere that Win explorer right-drag interface is being contemplated for emplode. It would be nice to include this functionality, too (so that in the case of a list we would have move and two kinds of copy - copy list or copy content, or something like that).

Just my 0.17 HRK...

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue