My wife's 1998 Honda CR-V has a factory CD player with an option for adding a trunk-mounted CD changer or a half-din tape player.

I'm not planning on installing either of those things at the moment, but I would like to use its CD changer input as an aux-in, in anticipation of the next Rio hard disk portable. The folks at www.rcainput.com have adapters just for this purpose.

The problem is that I need to know whether the factory stereo has an 8-pin input or a 14-pin input on the back. If I don't know this ahead of time, I'll likely buy the wrong adapter.

Okay, fine, I'll look back there and see which it is. I head over to www.installdr.com and see if they've got dash-dismantling instructions. Ah, they do, and it even looks like the right dash in their photos (although the stereo is a different one). Oh my God, it's like trying to break into fort knox. I have to take most of the dash apart just to get to the place where I can unscrew the stereo and look behind it.

Okay, it's a given that I'm going to have to dismantle her dash to install the RCA input adapter, but that's a mega-big job just to "have a look" and then close it up again. I'd rather just dismantle it once for the installation.

Does anyone know where I can find out what kind of connecters her stereo has on the back, based on the stereo's appearance from the front?

Attachments
159073-CRV_Stereo.jpg (154 downloads)