Hi,
First of all, I would like to apologize if this has already been covered. I spent the last 4 hours reading through the FAQ, searching the forums, and tinkering with a few different things, but have yet to make any headway with my problem...

which is...

I have a RioCar unit that has v1.02 software on it. I tried upgrading to 2.0, but the upgrade failed in the middle, right after "Erasing Flash (Kernel)" completes, but before "Programming Flash (Kernel)" even starts... I get "Flash program failed at stage 0x11". Now the unit just sits there with the light fading off and on. When the unit boots, Hyperterminal shows the "If anyone here wishes to upgrade firmware" message, then "Copying linux kernel", then "Calling linux kernel"...or something of that nature. Then the unit just sits there doing nothing...I expect because there is no kernel.

I have tried...

* Waiting to power up the unit until the upgrade software asks me to. I get the same results as the first time I ran the upgrade...failure @ programming flash (kernel).
* three different serial cables, and four different com ports (two of the com ports in my system are on a digi expansion board)
* the developer, builder and consumer versions of the .upgrade.
* finding v1.03 to try installing that (or even v1.02 again), but can't find them anywhere

I am going to take my unit to work tomorrow and try the same thing there, but I'm not very sure that's going to help.

Any help anyone can offer would be very much appreciated...even if it's just a link to RTFM