or allow the HU to display on a large/more centrally placed

Ok, I finally got my new car. That is exactly what the Audi head unit does, which I do not need. I decided therefore to have the HU removed and the Empeg installed, rather than adding the Empeg in the bottom part of the dash (where I found out there could be enough space). So, no changes from my original plan. After driving the car for less than one hour, from the car dealer to the sat-alarm and stereo installer, I had to leave it there, obviously. After waiting for three months, it was hard to let it go, even if for just one day!
Anyway, tomorrow all should be done and hopefully I'll be able to take some pictures of the install and post them here and on riocar.org.
I spent some time with the installer (actually I would have spet more time there but I had to work), so I now have finally a clearer idea of how the New A3 dash is "behind the scene", so if anybody needs info maybe I can help.

Unfortunately neither the car dealer nor the installer had an adapter for standard DIN HU since they run out of them, so I am now temporarily using an old-A3 adapter which does not fit perfectly and leaves some space between the adapter itself and the dash, but that's just for a week or so... Asides from that... guys, I am so happy! Tomorrow my empeg-addiction will not hurt anymore! Pain is over!
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg