Don't know how the empeg boys will feel about us handing out copies as they say on the disc to not put it online. Also we where told that if no one come back with any major bugs it might get put out offically.

I am finding it a bit buggy with it crashing a few times it is has a few probs with skipping tracks and it seems to be running low on memory at times as things get a bit jerky but i have only got it on my Mk2 not tryed it on the Mk2a yet.

The main new bits on the player are the crossfade which is very good, also we have pitchbend which is very silly you want barry white to sound like the smurfs you got it, also new is intro scan which is well an intro scan useful to some but i never used when i had it on cd players. Stereo seperation is no selectable from the player instead of just within emplode, we now have auto gain control offically instead of through Hijack. There is one new visual but i was always running with beta 13 so i don't know if we gained a new visual in 2.0 final (just moved house only found null modem cable the other day.

Unless you are really really desperate for cross fade and have tons of ogg files to load up i would say stick with 2.0 final.

So have some patience