I assume you are talking about the PMA. The PMA is *not* designed to simply be an identification tool. It is a very large application that provides what I said above - a VERY smart media "Jukebox" (although I hate to use that term)... it just also happens to identify music. :)

Okay, a few things. I knew PMA had extra stuff in addition. My complaint was two-fold: if I can't have an identification-only program, why do I have to have all that additional stuff? The SongPrint thing is NOT for the average user and you don't say much to that fact.

What's the problem sith developing a simple utility that identifies songs and fills out the tags? And remember, simple means simple setup, too (no compiling or libraries nonsense seen anywhere). In other words, for "Average Joe Consumer".

And please read all our troubles with identifying songs using PMA, since you say that it can and we have found that it can't.

I don't mean to sound irritated, I just think this is an incredible idea from what I've read! But for some reason, I am completely unable to see it!

anxiously awaiting your post tomorrow...

DiGNAN