Yeah, it is a 350z vs. the STi. I didn't want to name them to avoid hurting anybody's sensibilities

Some other factors that come in, the 350z has a larger gas tank, but a bigger engine. I enjoy camping and the extra space would be nice for the gear (it wouldn't be the kinds of areas we took the Tundra into - I wouldn't even take the Tundra into most of them ). I would also prefer a car that not everybody and their sister and mom own. Both of these cars are exactly common, but I've seen more 350z's around than WRXs. There is at least one 350z here at work (it is gorgeous), and a G35 next door to my house.

The silver wheels on the STi look a lot better than the gold ones, but that spoiler is just hideous. I really don't know what they were thinking when they put the pink stickers on it either. I suppose it could look better in person than it does in the pictures, I haven't seen any around.

I haven't looked at the Evo since I became excited that they were finally importing them a few years ago. Maybe I'll take a look at them.

I've test driven the 350z, and it was really fun. I am trying to avoid test driving the STi since there is only one decent dealer around here, and the second I talk to a regular salesperson, I lose the ability to buy from the fleet guy.

Thanks again for the help