``E-E-Rewind - Lets you set the "Offset:". Defaults to 2000.

``E-E-FastForward - Lets you set the "Delay:". Defaults to 957.

Whoa... I had no idea Tivo was that configurable.

Is there any way to change the way the "Start Recording" and "End Recording" parameters work?

Right now, I can tell it to start recording a program 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc. early; and I can tell it to stop recording a program 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes etc. later than the normal end time. Is there a way I can tell it to start recording the program later than normal start time, and stop recording the program earlier than the normal start time?

Believe it or not, due to the incredibly unprofessional and amateurish television operators here in Alaska, I need to be able to do this because typically by 10 at night the local stations will be running anywhere from two to 15 minutes late. That is, programs that are supposed to start at 10 pm will actually start at 10:08 or something like that. This means I have to stop recording at 11:10, and if I want to pick up a program on another station that was supposed to start at 11 pm, but will really start at about 11:10... well, you get the idea.

tanstaafl.