I hate to hijack Tony's thread (it really wasn't my intention, I swear!), but here goes:

I read the two "angel" books and the one about the news guy. I didn't dislike them, but I read them after "The Visitation" and was a little let down. The plots were merely OK and the characters seemed very one dimensional. "The Visitation", however was very dynamic and had much stronger character development. The real struggles of an ex-pastor trying to stick to the what he believes and yet being pulled in so many directions by a person claiming to be Christ, apparent miracles, hyper-emotional paritioners, and haunting memories of his deceased wife is the type of excellent stuff that really made the book work. The resolution didn't blow me away or anything, but it worked well enough and didn't distract from the meat of the story. Anyway, so while his other stuff was a worthwhile read, I'd wouldn't necessarily pass on recommendations for it. "The Visitation" however, is one I've told several people about.