You were setting yourself up with that opening line. I guess I'll try and rescue this thread from oblivion before it sinks any lower.

First off, I'd highjly reccomend converting to the bluetooth lifestyle. I couldn't live without it, so I don't see how anyone else could. I personally don't use the syncing features, but imagine not having to worry about plugging your phone in anything to sync it....

Aside from being perhaps the worst naming choice for a new nokia phone, the 5100 looks nice. I'm not sure if I like the looks of the case, but then the Nokia page shows it with a lime green case. The rubberized case seems like it would be a great idea, but how well does it slide into a pocket? I solved my scratched phone problems years ago by keeping my phone in the pocket with my wallet, and my keys and change in the other pocket.

I'm currently lusting after the Ericsson 610/616. I always carry a camera with me, so the built in camera means nothing to me. The size and design are much more attractive than Nokias, but I'm not sure if they've got the interface up to the responsiveness levels that really make my t68i annoying to use.

What carrier are you on? Some are currently rolling out 850mhz gsm, which should provide much better coverage. If yours is one of these, make sure your phone supports it.

Matthew