I just got the fat records email news letter and found this paragraph interesting.
(yes it's geared toward 13 year olds )

Yesterday the RIAA (Record Industry [censored] Association) filed suit against 261 internet song swappers. I thought people should know that Fat Wreck Chords has never been a member of the RIAA and more importantly, we think they’re dumb. Actually, they had falsely listed our name as a member on their website and it took nine months of letters and phone calls to get them to remove it. They think that by suing a few hundred kids, piracy is gonna stop. Why can’t they just accept the fact that the music industry as we know it is finished? Keg’s tapped and the cops are outside. You don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here!

I wonder how many other labels are falsely accused of being RIAA members. I looked at the RIAA members list a while ago and was surprised to see fat as well as many smaller labels on there. Could they be inflating the list ?

Also on a related note I wonder when they whine about music sales declining are they just looking at RIAA members or everyone. I have been buying more cd's than ever buy most of them are from small labels that aren't in the RIAA and I buy them over the internet directly from the label.

Matt