Hi. My mk2 seems to have a HD related problem. I am unsure if it is the HD at this point, but instead of pulling off that glue that keeps the hd cables seated I thought I'd go ahead and post the symptoms here in case anyone has heard of such a thing happening and might be able to identify whether its the HD(s) or the HD controller.

Today my mk2 stopped playing music, usually I just unplug it and plug it back in and it eventually goes back, but this time it just got worse, eventually reading "no hard disk found" then when it came up it showed no songs, then eventually it didn't come up again.

I brought it home and connected via the serial port. When it boots up it always complains about hdb, even though I swap the device jumper between the two drives. Sometimes it boots up and identifies both drives, but hdb has garbage every other character, like the high bit of the word is stuck. I have not been able to swap the jumper again when it does this because it doesn't seem to detect the drives at all now, even though I hear them both spin up, it just sits at "probing primary interface" a couple of times until it gives up. I suspect its the controller board.

So has anyone seen this before? What can I do about this? Is replacing the empeg the only option I have?

Thanks.