I have a shameful admission to make. I am probably the earliest owner of an Empeg never to install it in a car

I had number 47 of the Mk1, that never made it into a car (since sold, hopefully now in a car). I then bought a Mk2a, which still isn't in a car. Later I bought a backup Mk2a, which, you guessed it has never been installed.

I have had all sorts of excuses along the way as to why I was waiting to install an Empeg. My latest is that both my Mk2a units are suffering from IDE header failure.

I really must dig out the soldering iron, fix the IDE headers and get one installed. But then I need to; locate some tools to remove my OEM head unit, find somewhere in my MX5 to hide the amp, buy an amp, install it...

...and then I would discover that RDS bugs would drive me mad, as I listen to BBC Radio 4 80% of the time I am in the car (and this won't change when I have an empeg installed). Oh well.

P.S. despite never installing them in a car I have had massive usage out of them. They have been used via tape adapters in car and I sat on my desk at work everyday providing music for the whole office. My Mk1 was used to provide the music during my wedding ceremony as well.