Is this a good idea, are there any things you'd like to see in a box like this, and is it something you'd pay money for?

If it worked as well as you describe, it is something I'd pay serious money for.

If I understand what you are saying, this would be a box with a DSP in it and a serial port. You'd plug the serial port into a laptop computer running your software to configure it, then plug the serial port into the empeg to play it. Could there be two serial ports on your box -- one for the laptop and one for the empeg? This would facilitate tweaking.

...a box which takes the 2 channels from the empeg...

But aren't there 4 channels from the empeg?

I don't think I understand where in the audio stream your box would go. Would it be between the empeg and the amps? Between the amps and the speakers?

Can you offer any indication of timeframe? I'm not asking for month/day/hour of release, but are we looking at this year? Next year? I am getting ready to build a new IASCA competition car, and this box could be a very significant aspect of it.

I think Sony has something already on the market very much like you are describing here, but it is seriously expensive (more serious than I'm willing to get -- well into 4 figures USD) so your home-grown version is appealing.

I am quite excited about this.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"